Topic 6. Organization of medical care in accordance with the competencies of the family doctor and the routing of the patient in the most common syndromes (cough syndrome, arterial hypertension syndrome, headache syndrome, chest pain syndrome, abdominal pain syndrome, back pain syndrome, fever syndrome, articular syndrome, anemia syndrome, lymphadenopathy syndrome) according to the protocols or clinical guidelines. Differentiated credit.
Materials for self-training:
- The WORLD book of family medicine. - European ed. - Ljubljana: Stichting WONCA Europe, 2015. — 314 p. Available online at http://www.woncaeurope.org/sites/default/files/world book 2015.pdf
- Family medicine: in 3 books. — Book 2. Symptoms and syndromes in clinical course of internal diseases / O.M. Hyrina, L.M. Pasiyeshvili, O.M. Barna et al.; edited by O.M. Hyrina, L.M. Pasiyeshvili. — Kyiv: Medicine, 2018. — 376 p.
Study all the syndromes listed below and prepare a presentation on one of them. Each student prepares a presentation on the syndrome, the number of which corresponds to his/her own serial number in the list of the students’ ten.
Syndrome list for topic preparation and presentation:
- Cough syndrome.
- Arterial hypertension syndrome.
- Headache syndrome.
- Chest pain syndrome.
- Abdominal pain syndrome.
- Back pain syndrome.
- Fever syndrome.
- Articular syndrome.
- Anemia syndrome.
- Lymphadenopathy syndrome.
General scheme for preparing topics and presentations:
"Differential diagnosis and tactics of a general practitioner in case of ………………….. syndrome”.
1. Name of the syndrome.
2. Key facts and milestones regarding the syndrome (frequency of occurrence, clinical features).
3. The most likely causes of the syndrome (presumptive diagnosis).
4. The most dangerous diseases that are manifested by this syndrome.
5. “Red flags” of danger (clinical signs of a threat to life).
6. Diagnostic approach to the syndrome and diseases in which this syndrome occurs (history, physical examination data, laboratory and instrumental examination).
7. Tactics of a general practitioner.
8. The used literature.
Address for sending of control works:
(completed tasks must be sending to the e-address no later than one day after the date specified for the topic in the calendar plan)
In the subject of the letter, student indicates the faculty, number of group / subgroup / dozen and topic number, name of student in this format:
AAAA - Faculty in Latin letters (I_med, II_med, I_int, II_int)
BBBB - Group / Subgroup / Tenth No.
SSSS - Topic Number
DDDD - Name of student
To receive teacher’s advice in distance mode, the student sends a letter with the obligatory mark “QUESTION” in the subject of the letter.