Topic 10. Care of patients operated on the head, neck, chest.
Topic 11. Antiseptic. Care for patients with purulent pathology. Practicing practical skills. (Student's Individual Plan, Section II, pp. 55-56, No. 1,2,3,11,12)
Topic 12. Sterilization of dressing material and operating linen.
- Put on and remove steril gloves
- Putting on Sterile Gloves
- How to Safely Remove Your Disposable Gloves
- The "Beaking" Method
- How to wash your hands with alcohol (OSCE)
- Handwashing OSCE Station
- Handwashing #2
- The putting on and removing of personal protective equipment
- PPE Donning and Doffing: CDC Sequence for COVID 19
- UHN Full Precautions PPE Instructional Video
- Donning & doffing PPE for aerosol-generating procedures
- Washing your hands: The purple paint demonstration
- Why are Nitrile Gloves Better than Vinyl Gloves
- PPE sequence CDC recommendations
- Gloves size
For getting a positive grade on topics 10, 11 and 12 of the Patient Care cycle, it is necessary:
1. Write a handwritten note with a definition:
- What is asepsis?
- What is antiseptic?
- What types of personal protective equipment are available (what is the difference between a mask and a respirator)?
- What kind of anti-epidemic methods exist?
- Describe the basic concepts of disinfection in dental practice
2. Іn the handwritten notes, list the stages of correct hand washing...
3. Write the algorithm of aseptic hand processing technique
4. Write the algorithm of "How to Put on Sterile Gloves".
5. Photos (in good quality) of the notes should be sent by e-mail no later than 9-00 03.04.2020.
6. MAKE and send a VIDEO as you do the practical skill of "hand washing technique". At the beginning of the video you should take a picture of your face OR during the video we should see a piece of paper with your handwriting name for the whole time.
7. MAKE and send a VIDEO as you do the practical skill of "method and technique of dressing and taking off rubber gloves". At the beginning of the video you should take a picture of your face OR during the video we should see a piece of paper with your handwriting name for the whole time.
8. Send the video files to the e-mail no later than 9-00 03.04.2020.
Address for sending of control works:
(completed tasks must be sending to the e-address no later than one day after the date specified for the topic in the calendar plan)
In the subject of the letter, student indicates the faculty, number of group / subgroup / tenth and topic number, name of student, surname of teacher in this format:
AAAA - Faculty in Latin letters (I_med, II_med, I_int, II_int)
BBBB - Group / Subgroup / Tenth No.
SSSS - Topic Number
DDDD - Name of student
EEEE - Surname of teacher (Kramarchuk or Vasylevska)
To receive teacher’s advice in distance mode, the student sends a letter with the obligatory mark “QUESTION” in the subject of the letter.