Topic 4: Use of the main types of medicines. External and internal use of medicines.
Topic 5: The concept of clinical and biological death. The concept of resuscitation. General and special care for the severely ill and agonizing patients.
Topic 6: Methods of performing first aid measures. Training of practical skills.
- Useful materials
- Methodical recommendations
- Blood pressure measurement - OSCE guide
- Stop bleed
- Pressure Points to Stop Bleeding
- CNA Essential Skills - Count and Record Radial Pulse
- CNA Essential Skills - Feeding the Client
- Feed a Resident in a Chair CNA
- CPR OSCE (resuscitation)
In order to get a positive evaluation on themes 4, 5 and 6 of the cycle "Patient care":
1. Write a handwritten note on topic 4, in which to specify:
- what types of medicines do exist?
- what methods are available for using these medicines.
2. Write criteria for clinical and biological death
3. Write the algorithm for cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
4. Write the algorithm for "Feeding the Severely Ill."
5. Write the algorithm of using the functional bed in case of a dyspnea.
6. Write the algorithm of using the functional bed in case of a collapse
7. Write the algorithm of using the tourniquet
8. Write the algorithm of the pulse measurement. Specify which arteries can be used to check pulse rate.
9. Write the algorithm of the blood pressure measurement
10. Photos (in good quality) of the note should be sent by email no later than 9-00 17.03.2020.
Address for sending of control works: firstname.lastname@example.org
(completed tasks must be sending to the e-address no later than one day after the date specified for the topic in the calendar plan)
In the subject of the letter, student indicates the faculty, number of group / subgroup / tenth and topic number, name of student, surname of instructor in this format:
AAAA - Faculty in Latin letters (I_med, II_med, I_int, II_int)
BBBB - Group / Subgroup / Tenth No.
SSSS - Topic Number
DDDD - Name of student
EEEE - Surname of teacher
To receive instructor’s advice in distance mode, the student sends a letter with the obligatory mark “QUESTION” in the subject of the letter.